SCHIFF-TRUMP BATTLE OVER RUSSIAN COLLUSION
by Noj Mocsab, Aug. 12, 2017 (NYT/AP)
There was a heated exchange in Washington this morning centered around Donald Trump’s alleged (lol) collusion with Russia to steal last year’s election from the rightful winner (i.e. left leaning) Hillary Clinton.
California Representative Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House committee investigating Trump, met with reporters to confirm that evidence of Trump’s Russia collusion has reached overwhelming proportions, leading to no doubt of his guilt.
“A single incident may not be telling by itself,” Schiff said to reporters. “But taken as a totality, the evidence leaves no room for doubt.”
Schiff cited the following facts to support his case:
- Trump visited Russia once about ten years ago
- He starred on The Apprentice (Schiff: “not directly related perhaps, but I hated it”)
- He sat near Putin at a G20 state dinner and was seen chatting with him over desert
- Some of his relatives or campaign members talked to Russians once
- Russia was skulking around the Dems’ campaign and even stole some of their emails, I think
- Russia’s DNC hacking was probably Trump’s fault, even though the Dems gave the Ruskys their passwords and hungup on FBI warnings
“But the most damning thing?” Schiff asked reporters rhetorically. “Hillary lost to this Bozo. There’s no other rational explanation but that it was fixed.”
Schiff’s remarks triggered an angry Tweet-storm with President Trump.
In a rare showing of bipartisanship, both sides of the aisle agreed Adam Schiff is goofy looking, although there was no consensus on Trump’s collusion with Russia or Schiff’s mama.
The Schiff revelations triggered the appointment of three new special prosecutors and four additional congressional investigations. We will continue to cover developments in this shocking story.
(Late update: the Ninth Circuit Court has ruled Trump’s Tweets unconstitutional)
Related headline: Dems Demand Independent Investigation of Anonymous Trump J-Walking Allegations
Comments to maydupnoos@NYT.org